AND IT IS A RED LETTER DAY FOR ANOTHER REASON.
I picked my vehicle up at the shop about 2:00 p.m. Matt's wife and little girl were there. The little girl is about 18 months old, absolutely adorable with saucer blue eyes. She googooed something and smiled at me.
"She thinks you're her grandma," her mom said.
Now, I'm definitely old enough to be grandma of a child much older...but this was the first time I had been identified as such. I was just talking to MY mother on the phone: she can remember when she had the same experience of being called "grandma" by an unrelated child. She figures it's one of those marker moments.
What a day.
I picked my vehicle up at the shop about 2:00 p.m. Matt's wife and little girl were there. The little girl is about 18 months old, absolutely adorable with saucer blue eyes. She googooed something and smiled at me.
"She thinks you're her grandma," her mom said.
Now, I'm definitely old enough to be grandma of a child much older...but this was the first time I had been identified as such. I was just talking to MY mother on the phone: she can remember when she had the same experience of being called "grandma" by an unrelated child. She figures it's one of those marker moments.
What a day.